Friday, May 13, 2011

Commentary on my Classmate's blog...

Commentary on my classmate’s blog.
What is it all coming to? By Heather

I agree with Heather on her view on education.  I have also seen what the effects are on children and standardized testing.  My son is in the fourth grade so I can relate to Heather. 

Our children and teachers are being pushed to only focus on standardized testing, and not on learning what should be taught.  There are certain weeks out of the school year that all other subjects in school are put on hold so the kids can gear up for the TASK test.  A test that is basically a competition to see where the school places in the district and state.  I think this could be eliminated if we could just focus on educating our children on the curriculum for their grade level and not a standardized test
I’m happy to know that I’m not the only parent that is not happy with the “No Child Left behind Act”.  I hope that this will change in the future for my son’s sake.  It is a ridiculous test and adds too much stress on children.  They are children, let them one!! 

heatherhood.blogspot.com


No comments: